- Trip Prep & Food
- New Routes
- Old Routes
We are steadily working on developing & enhancing the CCR website & are now working on re-doing the Routes section. For the new face of Routes we are planning to have the following sections:
- Browse Trip Report Database (User-submitted reports, similar to what we have now, but will also allow gps tracks, photos, various files to be uploaded/downloaded) - under development
- Route Info - description of most possible routes in Canada, sorted by province & by region - huge wealth of information gathered by Allan Jacobs who has worked on this for a few years, donating his time - this has been transferred from the forums, where it was originally gathered
- Route Resources - large collection of reference books, papers, websites, sources etc. to enable paddlers to get background material on areas they are thinking of paddling. There is a national level & province/territory level for this information. Again, all this has been collected by Allan Jacobs.
- Nastawgan - the quarterly journal of the Wilderness Canoe Association - is gradually being made available to CCR users. There are currently about 20 journals available, but when we are able to digitize the entire collection, it will also be here.
- Add Trip Report - a much improved form for CCR members to contribute trip reports to the site - under development
- Search - a much improved Search engine to search as much of the route information on the site as possible - under development
Newly Developed Sections Available Now
Original Sections from Original (Old Routes), Under Develpment
Special Route Compilations
This section has been set up to provide CCR users with easy direct access to several excellent canoe route libraries & route submissions that we hope can be incorporated into our database as we improve its functionality. Routes in these lists are also described in the Route Info section under the appropriate province & region.
Many thanks to Tom McCloud, Charles Leduc (Quebec), the Saskatchewan Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture & Sport & Ken Corbett (New Brunswick) for their many hours spent compiling these guides & for granting us permission to link to them.