Advertising

View topic - Restoule Provincial Park

It is currently July 31st, 2014, 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Restoule Provincial Park
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 1:56 am 

Could anyone tell me about Restoule PP. just doing some car camping there for a weekend this summer with some friends and their kids. its one of the parks I have never been to. Is it nice, is it really crowded? Any attractions nearby? Possibly ghost towns to check out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 8:15 pm 

We ' ve been to Restoule', I think its a little gem of a park. We were there the first week of August a few years ago and it wasn't to crowded. We camped in the walk in area to avoid the other folks and stayed at #158 which backed right onto the lake.

You can access the french river right from the park and there is a loop you can do although in the summer it may suffer from low water levels at the top end of the loop( not sure what its like now).

The park itself has a nice trail leading up to the old Fire Tower overlooking Patterson(Stormy lake). Great view of the area. Great landscape.

Its far enough from any highways that road noise is not a problem. There are boats on the lakes(at least 2 boat launches) but nothing heavy.

There's a beach and play area for the kids. The Park pamphlet says there's a museum in Nippising and Commanda and Restoule are all little villages in the area. Of course you can always check out the Dione Quints birthplace near Callander(Corbeil?) and drive into NorthBay for a ride on the Chief Commanda tour boat.

Its been a few years since I've been there, so it may have changed a bit. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 8:23 pm 

Went last summer.

Click HERE for the thread I discussed it on.

The pictures won't show up becasue the website they are hosted on has reached it's banwidth limit for the month. Come back and visit the thread at the start of April and the pictures will reappear.
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 1:41 pm 

I spent a few days in Restoule a few years back. Was there in August and didn't find it crowded at all. I couldn't get a spot down by the lake so I stayed on a site further away from the water and there was no one around me at all. That suited me as I was able to work on my all over tan. Not a bad car camping park at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 2:20 pm 

DaveH wrote:
That suited me as I was able to work on my all over tan.

:o :oops:

Post subject: restoule PP
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 11:13 am 

Thanks for all your replys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 6:59 pm 

Restoule PP is a great family camping park. Great beach , good fishing, nice canoeing down in /Stormy. This park is never busy like some of the others, however, I would suggest reserving in advance if you are going during prime vacation time.
If you are into fishing, there is some nice bass fishing in the weedbeds right near the park.

Have fun