View topic - Stowing a trailer while doing Bowron Lake Circuit

It is currently December 9th, 2019, 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 7:05 pm 

We are planning three months cross Canada starting in early July.. We will be doing some of the Yukon River and poking around Alaska..
It occurred to me that doing the Bowron in early Sept might fit right in. We will be hauling a canoe.

We will also be hauling a trailer. Is there a place we can store it ( Its a 19 foot single axle TT) while doing the Bowron Lakes Circuit?

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 8:26 pm 

Yes, they have several parking lots at the starting point. I'm sure your trailer is no problem. That time of year you might have your own parking lot.

If you were using any outfitters from there then I'm sure they could store your trailer at their place with added security.

We've parked there several times with our Boler and have never had any issues.

So just to tease you again... We have Kager Lake just up the dirt road. Beautiful unserviced drive in campsites with a small dock on Kager. There are also incredible sites out on the lake.
Feel free to stop by if your inclined.

Edit: Your welcome to any boats we have too. Just in case you want to try out a Clipper.

Ted

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 7:05 am 

Quote:
Edit: Your welcome to any boats we have too. Just in case you want to try out a Clipper.

No need for more temptation! :rofl:

That said we did go through Burns lake and missed Kager Lake in 2012.. By Golly we will have to stop there too!

So much about BC I don't know.. I do know we have to go back to Stewart.

It would be fun to meet up!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 7:46 pm 

It has now just occurred to me how to do a prolonged set of trips with several major paddling destinations at intervals across the country. A camping trailer! Of course! Brilliant! I've been wondering how to break up a summer of canoe trips with comfortable breaks and visits to towns and cities in between, rather than enduring the constant driving back and forth from southern Ontario. Maybe a trailer is in our future. Hmmm. Makes a fellow think of the possibilities.
Love the sound of your trip, LRC!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 8:07 am 

Loop trips are so much more convenient with trailer as long as there is storage possible at the start/end of a trip
We have a little hard sided TT ( no canvas) that doesn't suck too much gas out of our truck.

In Whitehorse we have to get storage for the TT and truck but once in Carmacks there is a van service back to Whitehorse three times a week.It stops at a campground next to the river. That way one can stay in camp(tenting) and the other take the three hour drive back to Whitehorse and return with the truck and trailer. Then it will be on to Alaska Shuttle will ergo cost about $75 for a 165 mile trip. ( its 200 via river)