View topic - Winnipeg area outfitters

It is currently July 17th, 2019, 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Winnipeg area outfitters
PostPosted: December 6th, 2018, 2:45 pm 

I'm looking at a fly-in trip to Artery lake, with a shuttle of my vehicle to Bloodvein village. Anyone with some recent 1st hand experience or information about active outfitters that do these things? In the decade I've been interested in this trip, the outfitter and services landscapes have changed dramatically. Current information would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2018, 3:24 pm 

If you're driving in, the easiest option is probably Bluewater Aviation out of Bissett.

https://www.bluewateraviation.ca/

They may shuttle vehicles to Bloodvein so ask them. Charles Simard also does shuttles out of Manigotagan. Personally I would use Charles for the shuttle. You can pick him up on your way to Bissett so he takes your vehicle back to his place for storage. Close to the end of your trip he drives your vehicle up to Bloodvein and leaves it at a friend's place.

Charles' number can be found here:
http://www.qlakelodge.com/outfitting.htm

PostPosted: December 6th, 2018, 3:34 pm 

Too slow!

Float plane service - http://www.bluewateraviation.ca/

They do most of their canoe flights with a single Otter so to make it's economical you need to find others to share the flight, they also have a Cessna 185 but I'm not sure if it carries external loads. Blue Water fly in to Artery (or area) frequently, they may be able to give you dates where you can tag along with another group to reduce costs.

Blue Water can also shuttle your vehicle to Bloodvein Village or you can also contact Charles Simard 204-363-7355 / csimr11@mymts.net who does shuttles anywhere on the east side of Lake Winnipeg.

I used Blue Water in 2015 for both services, at the time I did not know about Charles, worth checking him as it might be cheaper and he has an excellent reputation. In 2015 I posted here looking for another group and found one that worked for my schedule, a solo flight in the Otter is a bit expensive.

Last edited by recped on December 6th, 2018, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2018, 4:09 pm 

Thanks dudes.