View topic - Bloodvein (flight to Knox Lake)

It is currently January 19th, 2021, 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 1:04 am 

I'm considering a solo trip on the Bloodvein starting at Knox Lake in a couple of weeks.

Blue Water gave me a quote using their Otter out of Bisset MB, that's way more plane than a solo paddler needs. Anyone out there heading to Knox Lake interested in splitting a flight?

Not looking to form a group, I plan to be moving very slowly.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 2:00 pm 

On Friday August seventh I have friends who are being picked up on Irvine Lake (20kwsw) of Knox Lake by Bluewater. There should be one person coming in on the flight but no canoes. Four paddlers and one canoe will be going out so they should be using the Otter for that. They said they would split fares if someone uses the back-haul from the same lake. Maybe you can negotiate a deal that still cuts the costs for everyone. The trip would be under the name "Lund."

PostPosted: July 10th, 2015, 8:29 am 

Hey Ben - We are flying out of Bissett on Monday July 27. We are 6 guys and 6 boats taking 3 flights, b/c no one wants to paddle tandem. One guy is having some family issues and may bail. If he does, you could hop on board the plane that will only have one boat and one guy, and they could take you to Knox after dropping us at Artery. I think I'll know if he's in or out by Monday. Another possibility is if your boat is small enough to fit inside the plane, we could likely squeeze you in, even if we have a full contingent.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2015, 2:19 pm 

Hey Ben - we are indeed 5 paddlers and 5 boats with 3 planes departing Bissett on July 27 around midday. Let me know if you want to tie on and jump in. Would be good to meet you in person!
Christian