View topic - Merrickville Venturer's Lievre River Trip Report

It is currently January 18th, 2021, 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: July 13th, 2009, 10:17 am 

Joined: June 12th, 2006, 10:38 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Merrickville, Ontario, Canada
Photos and videos can be found on our website at ... /index.htm.

Our trip plan can be downloaded from ... 202009.pdf. The trip plan includes the marked up maps we used during the trip.







I think we can safely say that everyone had a good time on the trip. There was no shortage of excitement and challenges for both our novice and experienced paddlers. Some of the Venturers are already talking about where they want to go next year.

Most of the Venturers got together with Bob and Allan on the Saturday at 4:30pm to pack up the equipment and food. We had to wait to the last minute due to the Scouts being out the week prior to us with some of the equipment we would require (specifically the canoe barrels and tents). The tents were completely soaked due to the rain during the Scout trip, but that was a known possibility. Everything else was waiting nicely for us in the tractor trailer. We packed all the equipment and then headed to Allan's house to pack the food which Cheryl (Allan's wife) had purchased based on the Venturer menu and grocery list. The food was packed in barrels. After some debate, two barrels were replaced with dry sacks. The thinking was that once some of the food had been consumed, the dry sacks could be packed and we would have fewer items to carry around. While this reasoning was sound, this turned to not work so well in implementation. We finished around 8:30pm.

We met at Allan's house at 8:00am on the Sunday, loaded the barrels into Bob's truck, and departed at 8:30am. The directions to the ZEC Normandie office were good, and we arrived there at 1:30pm. On the way to the ZEC office, we passed the take-out (km 260 on the river), so we stopped to have a quick look. There is a nice parking lot just off the road. A track good for four wheel drive vehicles only leads down to a nice flat area by the river.

At the ZEC office we purchased our vehicle entry permits ($8.45 each), our camping permits ($28.25/week/tent), and a fishing license. Only Ben planned to fish, so we got him a three day student license for $33.15. We picked days Tuesday-Thursday for the license as the ZEC said that better fishing was to be had lower down the river, but we figured we wouldn't have any time on the last day. We also paid for our shuttle. While both Ben and Allan had talked to the ZEC and been quoted $85/vehicle, the price had jumped to $100/vehicle when we arrived. We paid up. Only one person in the ZEC office spoke English, but Allan chatted away with them in French for practice.

Only one shuttle driver was available at that time, so he hopped in Bob's truck and we went off to the put-in at Lac a la Culotte. The driver mentioned that most people put-in lower down the river, but the upper put-in spot was become more popular. While the shuttle driver planned to come up later in the week to get our vehicles, we convinced him to come up with us so we would have a navigator. We departed the ZEC office at 2:10pm and arrived at the put-in at 3:40pm. The road was absolutely terrible. It is very doubtful if a car would have made it. We passed numerous vehicles and camps, it appears to be quite a popular area for hunting, fishing, and trapping. There are a lot of logging roads, and lots of logging on going. The lakes are actually quite well signed on the road. On arrival at the put-in, we quickly tossed all the equipment out of the trucks so the driver could leave. We asked him to put Allan's truck by the river at the take-out to save us the walk up to the parking area.

We loaded the canoes and set off across Lac a la Culotte for our first night's campsite. We hit the water at 4:30pm and arrived at the campsite at 5:45pm. We setup camp, and found that Bob had packed a chair! Allan just had a Thermarest chair, but Bob had the whole folding deal. He offered to let anybody sit in it, as long as they were willing to carry his pack the next day! It became quite the tradition to be chasing Alex out of both of the chairs :) Ben and Adam decided they wanted to sleep in the screened in shelter, and since that wasn't in the plan, we didn't have a ground sheet for it, so we had a bit of improvising with a rain fly we had brought.

The Venturers then cooked our supper of sausages, mashed potatoes (instant), and gravy. Supper was served at 7:30pm as a three course meal; most of the potatoes had been eaten by the time the gravy was made :) Tongs would have been nice for handling the sausages in the frying pan. Only one of the frying pans was used. We brought two frying pans, as last year we only brought one and wanted two. The reverse this year... Though I guess sausages don't take up as much space as hamburgers, and the sausages were pre-cooked.

After supper the Venturers were antsy, so they took the kayak playboat we brought, and canoed to the first rapid of the trip (a class II); only a two minute paddle away from the campsite. Ben ran the kayak down and did some surfing. Adam, Max, and Alex then gave it a try. Adam and Alex had taken the introductory whitewater kayaking course this spring, and were anxious to give it another try. Adam flipped the kayak and just managed to save the kayak and paddle from heading down the next rapid and out of sight. Only one kayak paddle had been packed even through the equipment list called for two; so we had no spare. We then decided to bring a canoe down the rapid to act as a safety boat. Alex was up next. After a little surfing, he flipped too and had a minor pin of the kayak on the other side of the river. I can't remember exactly what happened next, but I think Ben and Max took the canoe across the rapid to rescue Alex. Max got out to help Alex, then Ben got pinned a bit too. When Ben got the canoe out, he was swept back across the rapid to our side. He wasn't strong enough to solo the canoe back, so we sent Adam swimming down to Ben, and the two of them paddled the canoe back across to Alex and Max. It was getting darker now, so we wanted to retrieve everybody without any further mishaps. We had thought to place all four Venturers in the canoe, and tow the kayak back, but Ben was worried about the canoe stability (and maybe wanted another go in the kayak), so he brought the kayak back separately and the other three brought back the canoe. We then headed back to the camp.

There were remains of an old dock or something near the campsite, perhaps from some logging operations. It was so old and overgrown, you felt like you were walking across the skeleton of an old ship in a jungle. The timbers, 8" thick, were so rotten that your feet would often break through. Kind of neat.

Our weather forecast indicated no rain until at least sometime on the second day, so naturally it rained overnight. What dry gear we had was now wet. We threw away the forecast :( At least it was sunny when we arose on Monday morning. After our breakfast of cereal and UHT milk (I had forgotten our litre of fresh milk in the fridge at home), we took down the camp. Ben found he had punctured a couple of his dry sacks, so he did a repair job on those. We had well stocked repair kits with us on this trip, so all the patching materials were at hand. We were on the water at 10:00am. Teenagers just don't like to get up early...

The first couple of rapids were pretty easy, and then we had a class III at km 325 just before a class IV ledge (something you don't want to run). We scouted the rapid and it was quite straight forward. There was a nice pool at the start of the portage around the class IV ledge. Ben and Adam ran the rapid successfully. Then came Max and Jen. They ran the rapid successfully, but caught a submerged rock at the tail end and were swamped. Their luck went downhill from there as the canoe wrapped around the rock and the yoke was ripped out. It was actually quite funny to watch, as Max was still paddling when the canoe was pinned to the rock, then they climbed on top the canoe, raised their hands in the air, and yelled "what do I do?". Bob and I were so happy; we were going to get to practice our rescue skills!

We had Max and Jen swim to shore. Then we had Ben and Adam bring the remaining canoes down through the rapid so we had all our equipment in one place. When they came down, I was yelling to them to watch where they were going, as they were more interested in looking at the wrapped canoe :) They actually canoed right over it. We kept Ben and Adam for canoeing during the recovery operation, and set the rest of the Venturers portaging the other canoes and equipment.

The first step was to secure the long rope from our pin kit to the canoe. Ben and Adam ferried Bob out to the wrapped canoe. I had appointed myself official photographer :) Bob got on the canoe easily, and started fastening a sling (tubular webbing) around the canoe. Rope, for pulling, can't be attached directly to the canoe if large forces are expected, as the canoe would be torn apart. Our 150' static line was then fastened to the sling, and the rescue canoe started bringing the line to shore.

Something happened here; perhaps they hit a little ripple or got too much drag from the rope, but the rescue canoe flipped at this point. As it was so calm they were able to rescue themselves, but we were worried that our pin kit bag had been lost. Luckily it was found safe, still in the canoe.

Bob coiled the rope; he was still standing on the wrapped canoe, and threw the rope to shore. Adam, with a dive into the water, managed to grab the end before it was swept away. With a few people pulling from shore, and Bob prying in the river, we were able to get the canoe off the rock. We didn't need to use any of our mechanical advantage equipment. Often it is just the right direction of pull that is needed.

As the wrapped canoe headed back to shore, the Venturer tent (in it's blue dry sack) broke free from the canoe. It must not have been tied in well. It started heading downstream for the class IV rapid. There were wild shouts to save it. Bob and Ben were in the rescue canoe at that point, so they paddled furiously after it. Now Bob had forgotten that he had tethered himself (via his quick release belt) to the wrapped canoe, just in case the sling came off when the canoe was unpinned and he needed to try and direct it into shore). So just when Ben was about to grab the tent, Bob came to the end of his tether, and the canoe shuddered to a stop! It was hilarious! More shouts for Bob to dump his quick release belt, which he did, and they were able to save the tent.

Once the canoe was back on shore, and was emptied of equipment, we were able to examine the damage. The yoke had broken free, a seat was slightly buckled, a gunwale was broken, and there was a huge buckle in the hull. The key was to pop it back it. We tried jumping on it and positioning it over a rock and jumping on it, but no luck. Eventually, Bob and Ben jumped together on the buckle and it popped back into place perfectly. The canoe was now in good enough shape for the flat water jaunt to the next campsite.

As recovering the wrapped canoe took about two hours, we decided to stop at an earlier campsite, and make up the lost time the next day. This turned out to be a good idea, and the campsite we used, at km 321, was much nicer than the planned one at km 316. We arrived at the campsite at 5:00pm

During the evening, Bob and Allan worked on the repair of the canoe. We had brought two fully stocked repair kits on the trip. We could have fixed a canoe even if it had been torn in half! We forced epoxy putty into the broken gunwale and where chunks of the yoke had been ripped out. We need to add gloves to the repair kit for kneading the epoxy putty; we used some from the first aid kit. Then we used a new bolt to fasten the yoke back in place, with a large washer top and bottom. It was a pretty sweet repair. It was still solid at the end of the trip. Alex inflated the dinghy and dolphin during this time, Ben went fishing with Adam, and Bruce & Max had a nap.

On Tuesday, other than a little flat water at the beginning of the day, it was pretty much continuous heavy rapid running. Ben was prime on the river navigation (with Max helping him along at times). They missed a short cut on this day, so Bob and Allan had about a 20 minute rest waiting for the Venturers to catch up :) There was one class IV ledge to portage around. We didn't unload the canoes, but manhandled them fully loaded up and over a short portage through the bush. We had lunch at the end of this portage. The original canoe partners were Ben/Adam, Alex/Max, and Jen/Bruce. The Venturers figured out themselves this was not working optimally, and swapped it to Alex/Jen and Max/Bruce; this worked better. Supper was Fettuccini Alfredo. Water had got in the noodles, so they were slightly congealed, and some of the noodles now looked like worms :)

Wednesday was a bit more relaxing, but we got off at 9:30am. There was a long section of flat water, but we were now in the river proper, and it was running fast. Even without paddling, we drifted along quite quickly. For lunch we just rafted the canoes together, and ate as we drifted. Alex made sandwiches, and we passed them around. Bob had us set up a sail when the wind picked up, but there was not quite enough wind to make it work. We came to a bridge and of course some of the kids wanted to jump from it. Bruce actually climbed up from his canoe onto the bridge as they passed underneath. Ben, Adam, Jen, and Alex got out of their canoes at the shore and went onto the bridge the "normal" way. Bruce, Ben, Adam, and Jen all jumped into the river (it wasn't actually that high); Alex just wanted to count and say "go" :) There was a section of class III/IV rapids that only Ben/Adam and Bob/Allan were willing to run. There was no portage, so we had to bushwhack our way down to scout the rapids. Then we went back up to run our canoes down, then back up again to run the other pair of canoes down. Then we had a class IV ledge to all line around before making our campsite.

Thursday was probably the most exciting day. We didn't get going until 11:00am; the kids just did not want to move that morning. The first challenge was a class III rapid, as shown on our map. However, part way down, the waves grew so big, we figured it was now a class IV rapid. We had never seen waves so big. The great part is that all the canoes made it through fine. They were all full of water, but all still upright. This was amazing! Around this time, Jen and Alex managed a minor pin; the same canoe that was wrapped earlier in the trip! We attached a couple of painters to the bow, and with everybody pulling at the right angle; we were able to get it free quite easily. Right before our campsite, there is a long section of class II/III rapid, followed by a class IV canyon. There is a portage around the class IV section, which we intended to use if the canyon wasn't runnable. Everything was going according to plan, until Max and Bruce swamped in the rapids above the canyon and thus weren't able to make the take-out for the portage; they went down the canyon backwards in their swamped canoe. We quickly ran along the portage, and Bob, by swimming out to a rock, was able to see they were in good shape a little lower down the river. Ben and Adam, after scouting the canyon, said they would run the remaining three canoes through it. They got them all through successfully, though their line got off a little on the last run and they came down side ways :) They said those were the biggest waves they had ever canoed, about 6', and it was the hardest paddling they had ever done. We then continued on to pick up Bruce and Max and found they had bailed their boat, continued to the campsite, and already had a nice big fire going.

Friday was our earliest start. We had discussed, the night before, trying to start early so we weren't still cleaning gear at midnight when we got home. Allan was checking his watch in the morning, and realised it said 8:45 and nobody was even up yet! I jumped out of my tent and started waking everybody up. I even kicked Bob out of bed, and he had always been the first one up each day. Bob and I were chatting while the kids were getting moving, and he mentioned that his watch wakes him up at 7:00am. I wasn't really paying attention, but then his watch alarm went off. He said, "see it would have woken me up on time". With a confused look on my face, I took another look at my watch. It was on the stop watch function rather than the time of day. I had been timing the brownie baking the night before, and had not shut off the stopwatch; it had been running for 8 hours and 45 minutes. I had just kicked everybody out of bed at 6:45am thinking it was actually 8:45am! I laughed so loud, this was hilarious :) Ben actually told me later in the day he was glad I had got us going early; though he didn’t look too pleased at the time :)

The first major obstacle this day was a class III/IV ledge. Bob and Allan, and Alex solo, tried running this, but it was just too steep and the canoe bows buried in at the bottom and we both flipped. The other two canoes were lined down. We then had a class IV rapid that we all lined; though Ben took the kayak down it. The final major rapid was a 1.5km class III rapid. The challenge here is that the canoes ship so much water that you have to find places to stop and bail your canoe. We all ended up swamped at some point during this run. Alex and Jen probably did the best; they got out at an early eddy and bailed. Bob and Allan came into an eddy with their gunwales under water. Ben and Adam missed that eddy and went over a small ledge chasing the kayak which had sprung loose from its lashing on their canoe. Max and Bruce flipped their canoe, and it ended up pinned against some rocks. Bob and Allan hung around, on the other side of the river to ensure they got free. When they weren't making progress, we ferried across the river to lend a hand. Just when we got there, they freed it; Bruce pried the canoe off with a stick. However, they had not tied the canoe up and it went happily sailing down the river without them. They now had a long walk/swim ahead of them; the canoe grounded out on a sand bar about 1-1.5km downstream. Once we saw everybody here was in good shape, we went to look for this canoe as well as Ben and Adam. Alex and Jen had already found Max/Bruce's canoe and were bailing it out. We left them to it, and went to pick up Adam and Ben whom we could see from there. They were sunbathing and doing kayak sea launches from half way up a huge sand cliff. We picked them up a continued to the take-out, about 1 km away, to start the packing process.

Half the group reached the take-out at 12:30pm and the other half arrived at about 1:00pm. To our surprise, neither of our trucks had been left by the river. So Adam and Allan hiked up to the parking area, switched the canoe trailer from Bob's to Allan's truck, and drove back down. The canoes and equipment were all loaded up, and we departed at 2:00pm after a quick lunch of leftovers, and swapping the canoe trailer back to Bob's truck. We stopped just outside Mont Laurier for gas, and to let the kids purchase junk food; Allan treated himself to an ice cream bar :) We arrived back in Merrickville at 6:30pm, for a total driving distance of 861km. The Venturers cleaned all the equipment at the community centre, and we had it all stored in the tractor trailer by 8:15pm. A few wet items were sent home with the Venturers for drying.

Ben and Adam were always on the lookout for potential cliff jumping sites. As we crossed one lake, they spotted a promising location on the other side of the lake. They set off to check it out, Bob and I just waited, we weren't going to do any extra paddling if we could avoid it. They reached the cliff and did one jump. When they caught back up they said the cliff was actually quite low when the reached it.

It is impossible to describe each rapid, there are way too many and they don’t even have names. Also, since we all ran many of them ducky style (one canoe immediately after another), we weren't able to get photographs of the best rapids. Photographs never do rapids justice; the waves never appear as big or as violent in the photographs.

The bugs were quite bad throughout the trip, especially the black flies. Everyone was well bitten. Naturally, they were the worst around the rapids where we had to stand around scouting (and photographing/videoing!). Ben brought a bug jacket, which he really liked. Bob had a head net that he used periodically, and rented out to the Venturers. Due to the bug situation, the screened shelter was used for cooking dinner and hanging out in the evening. It was very welcome to not have to continually swat at flies.

Other than fly bites, the only injuries requiring treatment were a couple of small cuts from rocks on the feet. Povidone-iodine for cleaning, triple antibiotic ointment, and a band id and all was better. A couple of the kids tried After-bite (ammonia) on their fly bites.

About half the group had neoprene booties, and the other half had regular inexpensive water shoes. Some of the water shoes didn’t last too long, with the toes bursting out. The booties also provide nice ankle protection when scrambling around the rocks while scouting rapids or lining canoes. The portages were very mucky. You could easily disappear up to your knee, and closer to your thigh when carrying a canoe. The booties were nice here as they are held securely to your feet and didn’t pull off in the muck like regular water shoes; they also washed off nicely.

The kayak got a lot of usage on many of the rapids. It was well worth bringing along. Ben ran quite a few rapids, with Alex doing a few as well. As there were no portage trails for most of the rapids, Ben had to find someone to solo a canoe down the rapid if he wanted to kayak it. Alex did a lot of soloing for Ben, and he did it very well. Ben owes Alex big time. It seemed Alex was getting into the kayak at every opportunity to practice surfing.

Neither the inflatable dinghy, nor the inflatable dolphin, got any use. I think there are a few reasons for this. Firstly, the Venturers were more interested in the kayaking, which they didn't have last year. Secondly, we weren't camped beside any decent play rapids like last year, and only a couple of rapids had portage trails. We were also ending each day quite late.

We saw aluminum runabouts all over the place on the river and on the lakes. We wondered how the owners got them there. But from looking at the patches on the hulls, we think they were just tossed down the rapids, and the pieces put back together at the bottom.

While we saw a few boats on the lakes, and a few camps on the river, there were no other canoes or campers to be seen. It was very peaceful. The scenery was also very picturesque.

Ben only made it fishing once, and that was on the second evening. All the other days we were getting off the river quite late (cause the kids got up so late!) and it was raining most of the time. No live fish were caught. They found a dead fish in the river at one point, and Bruce flipped it into Ben and Adam's canoe! They were too grossed out to pick up and toss it out. They kept trying to get it with a paddle and pouring water into their canoe to flush it from under their gear :) Eventually Allan had enough, and dug a finger under its gill and tossed it out. I threw it backward and both Ben and Bruce ducked as they thought it was going to land on them :) Lucky for them my aim was pretty good.

Overall the food quantities were good. The salmon croquettes went down very well. Cheryl added those to the menu as she decided Kraft Dinner wasn't enough for dinner. I didn't think the Fettuccini Alfredo was as good as the homemade version I normally get, so I lodged a complaint with Cheryl that I want the proper recipe next time and not the packet version. We ran out of milk. Notwithstanding the litre of fresh milk we forgot to bring, we didn't allow enough for cooking in addition to cereal. We also ran out of both cheese and lettuce. Too many snacks, a lot didn't get eaten until the drive home. The cookies (toffee cookies and mud pies) and brownies baked on site went down well. We didn't get around to baking the chocolate cake. Horseradish went great on both the roast beef sandwiches and on the summer sausage and crackers (in place of cheese). The Tortilla wraps worked much better than the bread we brought last year. While we thought the Pitas were incorrect without the pocket, when Cheryl purchased them, she assumed the pizzas would be made on top of them like a normal pizza. I dare anybody to tell her she was wrong :) We also ran out of juice crystals two days before the end of the trip; next time I'll pack an emergency supply for myself. One roll of Ritz crackers per person was perfect. Food should be split out of its original packaging (like Kraft Dinner boxes) and placed in zip lock bags to avoid water contamination. Extra zip lock bags should be brought as well. Ben tried to pack a couple of boxes, but I told him that they wouldn’t be needed. I had to put up with a lot of “I tried to pack them” every time they would have been useful :)

Allan had nice water proof match boxes, but the sandpaper strikers didn't work very well. Bob had a couple of lighters, including a butane torch one that was sweet. Perhaps we should go the lighter route in the future rather than matches. We just had to keep Alex away from Bob's lighter :)

Adam and Ben appointed themselves cooks for the week. They handled all the dinners during the trip. I think they figured this way they would get fed quickest, rather than waiting for someone else to take the initiative each day, and it also got them out of dishes :) They did a great job, the meals were well done. They even baked brownies on two nights. Allan did Toffee cookies and Mud Pies (cookies) on two other nights.

The plastic laminated colour maps (with all our markups) worked like a charm. Even though we have water proof map cases in each canoe, enough moisture gets in when they are opened to change pages that paper maps quickly get soggy. It was much nicer this year. We should have laminated copies of the menu as well and carried that in a couple of the food barrels. The hooks and small bungees we added to the map cases made fastening them to the canoe much more secure.

The Venturers didn't always do a good enough job of lashing gear to the canoes. A number of times when a canoe flipped, we would see a barrel or a pack hanging over the side. We are thinking of having a mandatory session on this before the next trip. Also ropes were not always fastened in securely and ended up trailing the canoe. Some trippers use bungees on the bow and stern decks to hold the painters, perhaps we should give that a try. Both bungee cords and ropes work, different people have different preferences. Additional tie down points in the canoes, just a little fore and aft of the current tie down points would be helpful.

Our barrel organisation still leaves something to be desired. The Venturers were terrible when it came to packing the barrels properly each day, and even not closing them up at night to keep the rain out. The barrel buckets we tried had possibilities, but the Venturers were more interested in tossing things in where ever they would fit rather than being logical. They were supposed to have a lunch barrel each day, but that never completely worked. Sometimes they forgot to include some (or all!) of the food, sometimes they forgot to include the knives to cut the pepperoni, and sometimes they forgot which barrel it was! I think every lunch they needed to unlash and open nearly every barrel to find everything they needed. The dry sacks instead of a couple of barrels didn't work well. The Venturers didn't fasten them properly so the contents got wet, and the soft goods in them got battered around.

We were very lucky with the water level; see the chart below. While the river had been getting quite low, with all the rain (during the Scout canoe trip!) we started at a level of 140 and finished the week at 100. A level of 100 is considered optimal for this river. Below 60, there are a lot of rocks exposed. With the high water, some of the small class rapids were washed out, but the high class rapids generally got bigger. We had one class III that turned into a class IV.

This was a more advanced river then the Noire River we ran last year. The rapids are much more numerous and are a lot longer. There are also runnable sections of class IV. The river started off mild, with the Venturers saying "the rapids were bigger last year"; and they ended the week with "I've never run such large rapids in my life!". It made for a nice progression; everybody's skill level will have improved over the week. The trip went by very quickly, as the days were long and full of rapids. The week was over before we knew it.

We have been thinking about making some type of river safety course mandatory for the canoe trip participants each year. Not everybody needs to know how to setup a Z-drag, but anything related to safety and people rescue would be beneficial. I.e. drilling into the Venturers the dangers of strainers, how dangerous it is to leave loose ropes around, and throw bag work.

Radio communication for rescue and recovery situations would be very valuable on a river like this where canoes and people quickly drift out of sight. In addition to FRS radios, we have thought about marine VHF radios. They are legal for ship-to-ship and ship-to-shore, and canoes would count as a ship. They would give much better range, especially through trees. However, battery life, for any radio type, would have to be managed during a week long trip.

We had rain on and off for the first three paddling days. While beginning one of the portages, we actually had hail coming down. The last two paddling days were nice and sunny, and this allowed us to get most of our gear dry.

Other than the damage to the wrapped canoe, we also broke off portions of a couple of bow skid plates and lost four paddles. We were down to no spare paddles after the last rapid.

Overall, we came in $112 in the black on the trip. However, that is before replacing the lost paddles and repairing the canoes. Those tasks will take the balance of funds from the trip and probably the remaining Venturer funds. While no commercial operator offers regular trips on the Lievre, a week long whitewater canoe trip is typically priced from $1,000-$1,500, so our cost of $225 remains quite low.

Last edited by ayates on September 8th, 2011, 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 7:54 am 

Joined: June 12th, 2006, 10:38 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Merrickville, Ontario, Canada
I got carried away and put together a couple of video compilations from the trip.

All our videos:

Slide show (with a few videos):


PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 10:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2001, 7:00 pm
Posts: 3357
Location: Newmarket, Ontario Canada
I was hoping for better weather for you, but the water levels worked out great! Your reflections me chuckling. I am supposed to be working, but my guffaws I think have given it away!

"I've never met a river I didn't like. The experience is what we remember and the challenges make for great memories". Me

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group