View topic - Ashuapmushuan redux and campsite reccomendation .

It is currently January 18th, 2021, 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 7:29 pm 

I finally got a blog report on my sept 2010 Ashuapmushuan trip. Visit it at http://paddlpics.blogspot.com/ . It's pretty short on photos but there's a few, and a brief description to boot . The ASh. is one big river ...We ran it at ca 300cms . The blog is a little untidy ( there are other trips there as well ) .
Anyone planning to do the Ashuapmushuan this year will probably read this ...so...I have a suggestion :
If you plan on running this river there's a campsite that could "use a little help". It's the one at Km 86 on river left opposite the sandy island (that is also listed as having a campsite on cartespleinair ) about a mile past Rapide de l'Engoulevent..
This is a nice campsite that sits high above the river under some spruce trees . What it needs to make it an "A "site is some TLC . When we visited it we did some work fixing it up and lugged stones up the steep bank to make a nice fire ring .-plus I removed some scraggly tree limbs to improve the view . It needs a little more effort in the brush-clearing dept and anything else to make it more homey , then it will be a real peachy place to spend the night . What makes it basically and intrinsically good is that it's resaonably level , has nice upriver view and NO DANG SAND . The only drawback is the steep bank access but it's not that bad . It will accomodate three tents at present , but could be more ....
So if you're doing the Ash consider this site and plan on doing some "site-pimping" . Others will appreciate your efforts

Last edited by Anonymous on March 27th, 2011, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moved to the Quebec Trip Reports forum

PostPosted: March 27th, 2011, 11:00 am 

Great read, thank you Serge! :clap: