View topic - Baker Lake

It is currently July 17th, 2019, 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Baker Lake
PostPosted: June 15th, 2004, 3:48 pm 

I was wondering if anybody had stayed in Baker Lake before. We plan on having a couple of nights there at the end of our trip, and I was wondering about the Campground, Baker Lake Lodge and the Iglu Hotel. Have you stayed at any of these places?

Thanks

Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2004, 8:44 am 

Hi Stephen,
We stayed in Baker Lake last September, at the Iglu Hotel and at the Nunamiut Lodge. The nicer of the two was the Nunamiut - waterfront dining, very clean and well maintained, excellent service. The Iglu was fine too, I would just say it's maintenence and upkeep was "average" compared to "very good" at the Nunamiut. Food at both was OK. We were at the Iglu with a hunting outfitter who was providing lodging and meals while in town. I'm not sure if meals are included there if you're staying on your own. We stayed an extra night on our own at the Nunamiut and meals were extra. I'd recommend the Nunamiut out of the two. The Baker Lake Lodge looked nice - I walked past it a couple times. Have read good things about it and the owners online. I wish I was going back this year - Nunavut is great. We may go to Coral Harbor or Kimmirut next year. If you haven't been there before, everything is expensive. Lodging is around 185.00CA PER PERSON. Meals likewise.
Enjoy your trip!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2004, 9:02 am 

I've stayed at Baker Lake Lodge twice. Both times was just one night. I remember paying about $120 Ca. They have a couple of cottage type stuctures. The one we stayed in both times was a two bedroom apt. Two bedrooms, living room w/TV and a bathroom.
They serve food in their dining hall. Tell them in advance and they serve family style. What the cook makes is what you eat. The food was good.
Between the art galleries featuring native work and the people, you could easily spend two or three days there just wandering around.
Good luck.
frank