View topic - Action Camera review, EKEN H3R

It is currently March 19th, 2024, 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: June 26th, 2016, 7:46 pm 

I recently came across a small, inexpensive action camera made by the Chinese company EKEN. This camera is significantly cheaper in price than some of the leading brands like Gopro and Sony. I'm not sure how durable it will be in the long run, as I've only had it for a few months, but so far it is working well, and for the price it has a lot of great features. In Ontario, Canada Computers sells various EKEN models, but not the one I have (the H9S they stock would be the closest). I got mine shipped from overseas, and it is available from websites Amazon, Aliexpress and Gearbest. Anyways, I was very impressed with this little camera, so I put together a video review and some sample footage if anyone cares to have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFwEDxB9N1w

Cheers
-Wayne

PostPosted: June 26th, 2016, 9:15 pm 

Have you looked at the Soloshot? It's an interesting looking unit. It's definitely at the higher end price point but hands free remote pan and zoom is pretty cool.

https://shop.soloshot.com/

There are some great products coming out of China these days if you look past the dirt cheap trinkets. GoPro are losing market share like they were blackberry! One of the only things holding back the Chinese brands is the User Interface, if they can improve that it would be great.