View topic - Is this video useful?

It is currently December 10th, 2019, 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2011, 11:37 am 

Great vid :clap:
The Only suggestion I could make is the showing of beginners transitions through the stoke process or a separate vid to show that and a time line it takes to develop some of these stokes to the point where the viewers could begin to venture out on their own paddle adventures.
That way those researching the canoe activity can see the time commitment.
The video is very crisp and clean and easy for us to digest but may be a little intimidating to a non paddler who may be thinking of starting.
Jeff

Edit and this would be a great time to push our activity back into the school systems. With all the noise in the media about inactive and overweight school kid.
Paddle sports being a lifelong and relatively inexpensive activity should be a good sale. (gee it sounds like the 70's all over again 8) )

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2011, 1:02 pm 

jedi jeffi wrote:
Edit and this would be a great time to push our activity back into the school systems. With all the noise in the media about inactive and overweight school kid.
Paddle sports being a lifelong and relatively inexpensive activity should be a good sale. (gee it sounds like the 70's all over again 8) )

It is available at the secondary schools in my area...but at the elementary school level, the red tape is unbelieveable!!

I ran a canoe/hiking/camping club for 7 years for Gr 7and 8...had to shut it down this year due to the stupidity of my administration...

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2011, 1:25 pm 
CCR Assistant Administrator

Rolf Kraiker wrote:
Dan. wrote:
So is the boat planing?

Good thing I wasn't taking a drink when I opened your post... woulda sprayed the keyboard :)

inside joke... anyone wanting comprehension can refer to a thread entitled canoe physics if I recall correctly.

Who could forget a CCR Classic Thread?

Clickez ici: canoe physics thread in the Equipment forum

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 4:45 pm 

I had to redo the youtube video and change the music. For those who passed it along, bookmarked it or linked to it, the old link will be deleted soon. Here is the new address

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyJHA_jrzaI

PostPosted: February 10th, 2018, 12:09 pm 

Great video - did you ever make more?