View topic - NWPA again.......

It is currently December 9th, 2019, 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NWPA again.......
PostPosted: April 13th, 2013, 6:57 pm 

:evil:

Attention All my Canadian Paddling Friends.
Please forward this info and links to all those who paddle or make their living from minor Waters in Canada.
As you know I have been chasing this brass ring to ensure our rights to access minor waters.
And Since the Harper Government likes to say it does not listen to special interests groups, we need a lot of individuals to send in comments.

Just thought I would let you know they have posted a call for submissions on Minor waters orders
Again!
Funny I check the site fairly regularly and missed this one.

There are some irregularities on the submission page,
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/oe ... u-2983.htm

1: When you click on the "send comment via email this automatically pops up.
Quote "Comments Solicited: Ferry Cable Regulations"

2: on the Rss feed this new Minor waters does not show up. (yet)

I have sent an email to Ms. Bertrand notifying her of these issues with the site.

If you inform your members to comment they should be aware of this and change it to:

Comments Solicited: Proposed Amendments to the Minor Works and Waters (NWPA) Order

I think we need lots of feed back so that the Many people who make livings and recreation out of minor waters to get their say in so we can maintain easy access to these waterways.
Thanks!
Jeff McColl
So Please forward this either by face book or in emails.

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

Post subject: Re: NWPA again.......
PostPosted: April 14th, 2013, 9:57 am 

Thanks for posting Jeff.

Post subject: Re: NWPA again.......
PostPosted: April 16th, 2013, 4:38 pm 

Got this today.
Share the info, be ready to respond.
Jeff

Quote:
Good morning Mr. McColl,

Thank you for your emails of April 8 & 13, 2013. As you know, Bill C-45 received Royal Assent on December 14, 2012, however the Navigable Waters Protection Act (NWPA) remains in effect until such time that the Navigation Protection Act (NPA) is brought into force. We anticipate that the NPA will be coming into force in April 2014.

The Minor Works Order is still under review. We are currently in the process of amending our website to reflect this. We are also planning to hold information sessions across Canada in June & July regarding the proposed amendments to the Minor Works Order. Additional information regarding these meetings, including dates & locations, will be sent out shortly.

Thank you for your interest regarding the changes to the NWPA. We will keep you updated on the next steps. If you require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Bertrand

Chief, Regulatory Development

Marine Safety & Security

NWPA Task Force

Transport Canada

Tel: 613-993-4515

elisabeth.bertrand@tc.g.ca

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho