View topic - Dehydrated Beer Developed!

It is currently December 10th, 2019, 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: December 30th, 2003, 7:06 pm 

Eureka, Skiffboy has finally done it! After years of trial and error and a few medical emergencies I have finally developed a dehydrated beer. Its called Pickle Lake Crude and is guaranteed to put any of you tree loving environmentalist on your *ss.

The secret is in the process and what makes Pickel Lake Crude so potent is the fact that it takes a ‘2-4’ thru the dehydrating process and produces only two tall boys. This had been developed over a two-year period. Many of the early tests of dehydration resulted in absolutely nothing! Finally the end result came from straining the right type of dark ale thru a tapered coffee type strainer set inside a dehydrator while being gently agitated on top of an out of balance wringer washer at precisely the correct temperature. This scientifically controlled process produces 10 grams of powder.

The hydration process is best done using a double boiler process adding the powder into the interior pan with 1 ½ litres of water and then simmering both inside the boiler for forty-five minutes. Any cool body of water will then chill the beer. The final stage which makes Pickel Lake Crude somewhat resemble a cold ale is a small carbonator canister which have be carefully removed from cans of British ale bought from the Pickle Lake liquor store. Skiffboy had to suffer through the downing of many flat ales, so that you enviro weenies didn’t protest about the effects of flat ale being poured in our pristine northern lakes.

Skiffboy is only mentioning all this in excruciating detail because if we are about to ask Richard to risk everything that he has worked for building up this site and become a bootlegger of Pickel Lake Crude on his shopping page, you (Skiffboy’s prime market) need to understand that two tallboys of dehydrated beer is very expensive.

Pickel Lake Crude, expensively appealing to you GoreTec type and guaranteed to give you the hang-over you remember from your high school prom.

Anyone interested, please respond.

Skiffboy

Last edited by _Skiffboy_ on December 31st, 2003, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2003, 7:18 pm 

I rehydrate dehydrated beer powder in Perrier. I tested different Soda and mineralized water, and Perrier give the best result.
I use 2 dehydrated beers for one final drink, and 5% alcool final conc.
Actually the beer is not initially dehydrated but lyophylized, this is the secret of the "Canoer Dark Blond Trappist".
Patent pending, so you may actually infringe my process, see you in court. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2003, 9:43 pm 
Brilliant!

Now this is the kind of BS most of us on CCR should be able to relate to. The rest can click on KK's and Erhard's "discussion" iof second hand smoke! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2003, 9:44 pm 
that was me, if credit or blame is to be taken for the above comments.
wotrock

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2003, 3:36 pm 

Hey this is great! Skiffboy, it sounds like you have some knowledge of how the food industry works and perhaps some expertise regarding food dehydration?

Shycanoe, I've got to ask why develop a process where you have to carry Perrier to produce a final product, why not just carry the beer? I think the Skiffboy product has you beat.

Regards,

Blackfly 'The Skiffboy Hunter'

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2004, 12:05 am 

Cheers and Happy New Years and a toast to demise of the imitation Skiffboy aka Vaughn Blackmore who in a drunken, momentary lapse tipped his hand!

The Niagara Skiffboy Hunting Club can now disband.

Woohoo!

Lonzie & Cressman (The Real Lonzie & Cressman)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2004, 12:12 am 

That's the best the Niagara skiffboy hunting club can doo??? Even you two,,, or three, how many of you are there again??? would know that not even I could find a use, never mind a need for dehydrated beer!!! Like what's the matter with the real thing?? after all, weight is not an issue, what with pals along like Lonsbury and ol Poopies to carry the food barrels, who really cares how heavy they are, right!

let them eat cake, and carry my rocks!
Happy New Year's,
Vaughn

Nice try Lonz...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2004, 10:37 am 

Geeze, what's wrong with alka seltzer and tequila? It even helps head off a hangover. If it's not bitter enough, just add the crud you scraped off the burnt frypan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2004, 4:46 pm 

I'm not much of a beer drinking girl so I found a perfect use for my 2L Platypus.... red wine. Goes great with spaghetti... and surprisingly enough the platy hasn't sprung a leak in 3 years. I carry platy patches just in case... wouldn't want to spill the vino.