View topic - FS: 18' HCC Grand Huron, carbon fibre (Whitby, Ontario)

It is currently November 29th, 2020, 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: October 11th, 2020, 11:22 am 

$1600 OBO

Attachment:
20201011_112843.jpg

Please take the time to read this as this isn't your everyday boat.

For sale is a Handcrafted Canoe Grand Huron.

This was the first one they made and was used by the owner of the company before we purchased it.

Their status is a company is... unclear... they were located in Kitcherner. I don't think there's more than a half dozen of these out there. They were a sponsor of the Muskoka River X for awhile, and he always said this race was "designed" for that race. It features a mix of river and lake paddling and lots of portaging, some really long.

18' 1 1/2", made of carbon fibre.
46.5lbs (just weighed it today). The waterline width is about 32 inches, so even though it looks super wide it's really not.
Carbon fiber seats, bow seat slides.

More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XvNQzrgkKWZTKddL8
I can provide more if there's a specific area you'd like to see that I missed.

Please note the condition in the photos!!! - we did the race a few times and some other adventure races, so the bottom is well scuffed - only exposed carbon fibre I noted was right at the stern (pic included above).
Additionally there were some epoxy repairs that aren't completely smooth, it really needs a good sand and recoat by someone slightly competent.

Test paddle anytime, as long as you're willing to pick it up / drop it off in Whitby. If you want to take it to Algonquin a fee might just apply... :lol: but anything local feel free to take it for the day and give it a good spin.
Bring your own safety kit, life jackets, paddles please...
We're about 5km from the Whitby harbour which is reasonably sheltered for a test paddle, or Duffin's Creek in Ajax has a good put-in spot and is a lovely paddle.

Direct message me for more info, or ask on this thread.

$1600 OBO

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.