View topic - Sasquatch in Ontario?

It is currently October 14th, 2019, 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 9:03 pm 

Hate to say it...but I am a believer...if only because the world woulld be a less interesting place without the thought that the "Big Guy" could be out there somewhere...

Here is a link to an interesting video analysis done by the guys at "Facebook find Bigfoot"...I think it is interesting !

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v ... =2&theater

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 8:03 pm 

Watersong wrote:
Hate to say it...but I am a believer...if only because the world woulld be a less interesting place without the thought that the "Big Guy" could be out there somewhere...

Here is a link to an interesting video analysis done by the guys at "Facebook find Bigfoot"...I think it is interesting !

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v ... =2&theater

Don't be so hard on yourself. There's absolutely nothing wrong with believing the constant stream of eyewitness testimonies that have continued for hundreds of years.

As rare as they are, with some knowledge and persistence, anyone can experience them. Being so adamant comes from experience. They're a real species and yes, they are in Ontario. If I could wager, I'd never have to work again :D

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 8:07 pm 

If anyone wants to hunt bigfoot, it's legal in Texas!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 ... 01906.html

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 5:21 pm 

If anyone has the audacity to shoot one, better think twice. You think they're alone? Maybe you'll get surrounded by family members and turn into a stat.

Personally I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry for any sad sack that would pull a trigger on this species.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 9:51 am 

mike67 wrote:
If anyone has the audacity to shoot one, better think twice. You think they're alone? Maybe you'll get surrounded by family members and turn into a stat.

Personally I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry for any sad sack that would pull a trigger on this species.

You're worse than those PETA folks. You'd rather see Humans get mauled by wild mythical animals than have one hypothetically hunted?

What if they turned out to be very violent and cruel sadists like in the Planet of the Apes where they make slaves out of humans and whip us and make us crawl around with ropes on our necks. Then you still wouldn't shoot one given the chance?

Damned Dirty Apes.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 3:51 am 

Far from mythical and considering the thousands of sightings without any violence involved, this species isn't apt to attack us, unless you decide to shoot at one of course. Then it's game on.

Your statement about being mythical just shows your complete lack of education on the subject. Understandable. Most don't have a clue about the facts.

There's a data base of print casts available for science to scrutinize. A data base of casts that go back over 65 years. Casts that under scrutiny show a plethora if info that goes beyond human scales.

It's difficult when you know the answer and most others think they know. As unlikely as you may believe this to be, we're in the process of classification. It's an uphill battle because of science's lack of scrutiny and media's distorted views always making light of the situation.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 6:29 am 

Ever thought dogs might be useful in finding one? Here's Mike Peters and his dog Grimmy:

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:38 am 

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:49 am 

Eh! - it's winter aka cabin fever time....

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 4:32 pm 

:lol:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it in todays paper Erhard!
:thumbup:
Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 9:27 am 

Sasquatch ? Maybe a mistaken identity of a oversized ground hog? Yesterday was the perfect spotting day for such a creature. Any large shadows ? :wink:

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 9.13.16 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 9.13.16 AM.jpg [ 97.85 KiB | Viewed 3380 times ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 9:33 am 

I am glad someone else appreciates Bizarro!

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2013, 11:00 am 

mike67 wrote:
Far from mythical and considering the thousands of sightings without any violence involved, this species isn't apt to attack us, unless you decide to shoot at one of course. Then it's game on.

Your statement about being mythical just shows your complete lack of education on the subject. Understandable. Most don't have a clue about the facts.

There's a data base of print casts available for science to scrutinize. A data base of casts that go back over 65 years. Casts that under scrutiny show a plethora if info that goes beyond human scales.

It's difficult when you know the answer and most others think they know. As unlikely as you may believe this to be, we're in the process of classification. It's an uphill battle because of science's lack of scrutiny and media's distorted views always making light of the situation.

Ad Hominem argument? I disagree with your unprovable claim therefore, I am uneducated?

I cannot prove that Bigfoot does not exist therefore he must truly exist?

Logical fallacies abound.

Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience that searches for hiden animals of which no physical evidence exists but which appear in mythical stories and legends.

Hence my use of the term mythical.

I like how you blame the lack of acceptance and classification on science's lack of scrutiny. Damn that scientific method for inventing all those technologies and medicines.

Good luck with your classification.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2013, 11:35 am 

Now that the hibernation season is almost over, can we expect to have more sightings of the big guy, when he gets out of bed (or bunk) ?

Attachment:
Debunk.jpg
Debunk.jpg [ 80.92 KiB | Viewed 3205 times ]

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 12:38 pm 

I for one, would really appreciate an intelligent, factual debate over the theoretical existence of a large primate living in the North American wilderness. It's a fascinating theory. I'll even confess to watching that "Finding Bigfoot" program on the Discovery Channel on occasion, but it is just that - a theory.

mike67 wrote:
I appreciate that Barbara but it really isn't faith, it's fact.

Stating one's own personal opinion as "fact" is a slippery slope and does more to discredit your position rather than support it.

Let's face it folks, open water is at least a month away...
I'm hoping that some intelligent scientific debate arises from this thread. Whatever the phenomenon is, whether it be mass hallucinations, an extensive network of hoaxes, or actual sightings, I think it's an interesting theory that is up for debate.

Let's hear your argument for or against the existence of such a creature... :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next