View topic - You Missed a Good Breakfast!

It is currently August 5th, 2020, 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 11:42 am 

Lots of music happening here, folks. My living room is a studio, festooned with cords and monitors and hard drives. There are guitars everywhere! And last night was great too! It took half an hour just to collect the empties.

We've got 4 tunes in the box and another half done. If the fun we're having comes through in the music, it'll be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 12:06 pm 

Dave, sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish I were more musically skilled, but I'd love to listen to what you guys have done.

What kind of music did you end up performing, and is there a chance that you guys could dump it somewhere in MP3 or WMA format so we can live vicariously through everyones skills?

Have fun, and hopefully we can listen to your art at some point.

PK

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 12:33 pm 

JUst wanted to add my thanks to Dave for hosting us here at his place.............and to his wife Robin too ( for putting up with us !)

There is so much talent here............ I just sit back and enjoy !!!!!!!

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 12:42 pm 

Sounds like another good time I missed but I'm happy to see that everyone enjoyed themselves.

I wasn't without music on the weekend though. My oldest had a loud band and forty (yep, 40) teens in my garage Saturday night for his 16th birthday party. It was fun but I'm glad it's over.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the tunes you guys came up with. I could sure use some relaxing music right about now. :wink:

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 12:44 pm 

CCR spirit in a "can":
Any chance you guys would want to produce a CD? You'd probably sell a hundred right here on CCR, thus covering the cost of recording etc, and the cost of the beer...?! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 1:49 pm 

This is Watersong on Dave's account:

The idea originally was to put together a fund raising CD for a worthy environmental cause............Boreal forest, perhaps? Anyway, there will eventually be a CD available..........we have more recording to do, and post production of course..........guess who our engineer/producer is????????

Yep......Richard. If you want something done, ask a busy man :D

We'll keep you posted !

Dave Bain

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 2:04 pm 

Dave Hadfield wrote:
Yep......Richard. If you want something done, ask a busy man :D

Well, in that case we'll get it for sure. It just won't have any "stars" on the package: Richard is most likely averse to stars after his attempt to put some beside our names and getting flak return .... :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 3:08 pm 

Not only did you miss a great breakfast but lunch looked really good aswell. I stopped by to see how the boys were making out. There is music stuff everywhere and everyone was upbeat about what they were doing. The little I did hear was great and don't let Dave H. say he isn't good on a banjo. I have already requested a copy of the CD when they were done with the final product.
I really wish I could carry a tune.
I'm sure the final product will be fabulous.
Anxiously waiting,

Cliff

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 6:50 pm 

I just finished unloading the van here at Simcoe. We had a great weekend and rolled out some pretty nice tunes. Jammed last night with two of Dave Hadfield's band members: Liz on percussion and Jerry on the fiddle. ooooh, it was so-o-o-o-o-o good!

Looking forward to the next sesssion!

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 7:25 pm 

I had a great time. Thanks to our gracious hosts Dave H and Robin, also, thanks to Watersong for his part in organizing this whole thing. Oh yeah thanks Maddogbob for the lift. I met some great people. See you soon.

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 8:56 pm 

BTW guys, I aquired a nice pair of felt slippers and a fine mechanical pencil.

Let me know who owns them and I'll gladly mail them off.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 9:03 pm 

Al and I are back in Sudbury now too. It was a great weekend - nice to play with some talented musicians.

And yes, we will (eventually) have the music on a CD. We only had time to record about half of the music this weekend. Excellent ... a chance to get back together again for another session!

Thanks also to Dave and Robin for hosting this. For those who wonder what this event did to their house, picture a living room with 4 or 5 guitars, a banjo, a bass, a couple of mandolins, various amps, monitors, mixing boards, a complete computer recording system, miles of cable, six scruffy looking musicians and lots of beer bottles.... you get the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2005, 9:33 pm 

Hi Dave,
That is my pencil. I was looking for it. I thought I had left it on the Wood Box but couldn't find it. Just hang on to it for now, I can get it when we get together in April, if that works. I think the slippers are Al's.

Dale

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2005, 8:02 am 

Hi All,
What a fabulous weekend of music, great people and wonderful conversation. I loved every minute of it and look forward to the next time we get to "jam" and make new music together.
Thanks to Dave and Robin for putting up with us.
Dave H, please tell Jerry and Liz how much we appreciated their musicianship and great energy. What they brought to the session was fantastic.
Thanks also to Dave B (Watersong) for taking us down another unknown river, I loved the ride.
BTW, those blue felt slippers are mine, Dave. I'll either pick them up on the next go round or maybe Cliff (lbpuppy) could bring them north when he comes for DF '05. Whatever works.
Take care,
Al
p.s. Watersong - Now I have to dig out my old tapes of Stan Rogers so I can nail the vocals on Lucifer's Portage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2005, 3:26 pm 

Dave...Did I remember right that you sometimes play at the Bull & Barrel over at Cedar Point? If so, when's your next date?

Dave