View topic - Who else has seen Bigfoot?

It is currently September 30th, 2020, 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 3:31 pm 

Recent news of a bigfoot in Manitoba. http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=bc07fc42-95bf-48e2-a490-83b56ecacee4

According to http://www.bfro.net/ there has been sightings throughout Canada. When will Richard start stocking Bigfoot spray - I'll take two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 3:33 pm 

I wear a size 13. Do I qualify as a Bigfoot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 4:31 pm 

He just went to the bathroom.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 6:04 pm 

Location: Livingston Montana- On the Banks of the Yellowstone River
daver wrote:
Recent news of a bigfoot in Manitoba. http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=bc07fc42-95bf-48e2-a490-83b56ecacee4

According to http://www.bfro.net/ there has been sightings throughout Canada. When will Richard start stocking Bigfoot spray - I'll take two.

I personally havent seen one but have friends who have seen and heard them. I found a 16 inch footprint in the mud while hiking before near where others have spotted them. They are being seen more and more in and around the mtns where I live including by large groups of people, outfitters, Park Rangers, Law enforcement to name a few. The BFRO web site mentioned above has some incredible information including many sound recordings which you can play on you PC. I think if everyone who paddles would listen to them they may be suprised that they may have heard them before in the wilds. Too bad a few people have made a bad rap out of it for some time including claims that it was a fake. Of the 10,000 reported sitings on the bfro web site , I wonder how many sitings have gone unreported??? My guess is thousands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 7:42 pm 
DaveH wrote:
I wear a size 13. Do I qualify as a Bigfoot?

Not really! Shaquille Oneal wears size 24. Now that's a BigFoot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 8:20 pm 

You mean you've spotted my mother-in law in Canada? :o

Kidding of course! :roll:

Boneli

"Preservation of our waterways comes from those with little voices, big paddles, strong backs, weak minds and thick hides with which to ignore the bug bites." Organizer of "The Wabakimi Project"

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 9:24 pm 

About twenty-five years ago, my youngest brother (about sixteen at the time) went down to the minnow lake behind our camp to check the traps. He came back an hour later scared silly. With his eyes nearly bugged right out of his head he told us that he had not only saw a big foot down at the lake, but that it had howled at him, and had picked up large rocks and thrown them in his direction. Some of the rocks actually landed in the lake. We all went down to check his story out, but we found nothing. In case your wondering, the minnow pond is in behind Whitefish Lake, in Strange Township, about 80km SW of Thunder Bay, Ontario.

Strange, but true.

Post subject: bigfoot sightings
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 9:43 pm 

if bigfoots (should that be bigfeet?) leave footprints on the prairie instead of on portages, do they make crop circles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 10:42 pm 

My true story:

Back in '82 I, as a young sergeant, was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington with an infantry company. The army LOVES the night, so most of our field training was done during that time. On one particular mission, things got a bit wierd.

After placing my teams into position, I took up the far left spot on the squirmish line and we started to advance. After we took only a few steps, the most blood curdling scream I had ever heard (before or since) came from a very large depression on our left. It was high pitched and slightly warbling, and gave us all the heebee jeebees. I gathered everyone together, calmed them all down, and got on with the task at hand.

After the evaluator called an end to hostilities we all got together, friends and foes, and all anyone could talk about was that scream. A small grass fire was burning a hundreds yards away from a wayward flare, and I had to send half a dozen guys to stamp it out because they would not go out into the woods with a lesser force. They were really scared and, to be honest, I was a bit freaked myself. The evaluating officer attempted to offer up reasonable explanations, but it fell on deaf ears.

I went against orders and took the road up to the bivouac site, and halfway there heard heavy footsteps closing in behind. One poor sap hollars at the top of his lungs "Who the f - - - is it?". Turns out it was the officer who was supposed to take the road back the other way, past the depression, but opted instead for an alternate route. I never heard a word from him about us being on the road.

Needless to say, once word got out we were the butt of many a joke.

Advance a couple years, I'm in college and watching one of those Bigfoot, Loch Ness monster specials. Being interviewed is an American Indian sheriff's deputy from an area very close to the Fort (I forget exactly where). He says that one day, while on patrol, he hears this gawf awful scream and decides to key his microphone since all radio traffic is recorded at the station. When he had his grandfather listen to the scream, the elder said that it was bigfoot, although he had used the name from his native language.

Know what? It was the same exact scream we had all heard in the woods that night. Actually gave me goosebumps.

All that said, I do NOT believe in bigfoot, sasquatch, or the abominable snowman. I really don't know what we heard that night, but am sure it was probably some animal's final scream, or another reasonable explanation. At the time it happened, however, in the middle of the night, it really set me on edge.

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 11:44 pm 

Chuck, sounds like a pissed off cougar

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2005, 11:53 pm 

Here is a local story from last summer....

http://north.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/Vi ... ot07062004

Dianne

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2005, 7:35 am 

If there really were these creatures, I find it VERY hard to understand why no one has ever found a body or skeleton, in all the history of loggers, miners, hunters, natives, and other folks tramping all over the north woods. On the other hand, it would explain:

the foul odors in the night that my canoe partner SWEARS wasn't him :roll:

where the last candy bar went since neither of us ate it :P

the reason I feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat after sleeping in a tent a few nights on the ground. Can't be cuz I'm getting older, bigfoot worked me over in my sleep

who stepped on my fishing rod and broke it in the night, since neither of the kids knows anything about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2005, 7:39 am 

GWA wrote:
If there really were these creatures, I find it VERY hard to understand why no one has ever found a body or skeleton, in all the history of loggers, miners, hunters, natives, and other folks tramping all over the north woods. On the other hand, it would explain:

the foul odors in the night that my canoe partner SWEARS wasn't him :roll:

where the last candy bar went since neither of us ate it :P

the reason I feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat after sleeping in a tent a few nights on the ground. Can't be cuz I'm getting older, bigfoot worked me over in my sleep

who stepped on my fishing rod and broke it in the night, since neither of the kids knows anything about it...

Sounds like this guy

Mamaygwessey!

Boneli

"Preservation of our waterways comes from those with little voices, big paddles, strong backs, weak minds and thick hides with which to ignore the bug bites." Organizer of "The Wabakimi Project"

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2005, 11:11 am 

Maybe there is still magic in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2005, 2:13 pm 

lost_patrol wrote

Quote:
if bigfoots (should that be bigfeet?) leave footprints

Actually, if it's bigfeet he/ she would leave feetprints??

cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next