View topic - Nueltin Lake flight

It is currently December 13th, 2019, 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Nueltin Lake flight
PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 4:46 pm 

Yeah, recession hit...don't think they were keeping up with the joneses as far as quality of service, accomadations, gear, guides etc... at least that was the rumour mill from clients who had been there...
we used to try to store fuel/motor at south end of dubawnt as we had a boat on the other side of peninsula, portage over so we could go fish other side of lake...but funny how grizzlies like jerry cans as chew toys...
if by Treeline lodge you mean the one on Ennadai...I worked at Kasba when we had an outpost on Tabane and also utilized the cabin on Ennadai...used to travel either by plane or run the rapids by boat back and forth...
I was part of the crew that floated the submerged Cat from the bottom of ennadai...they later put it to use on Kasba's runway...that lodge at Ennadai was started around the time I was heading up to Dubawnt, built by John Cawker, I guy I guided with and his "money man"...anyway geuss what I am saying is not sure who Shawn and his father are...

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 5:14 pm 

Quote:
Does that mean their outlying camps as Kasmere Lake, Windy river are also not operational? Do you have any other information? They were often used as a conduit for resupply.

Yes, I believe it does. When I went through in 2016 the Kasmere lodge was vacant and looked like it had been for a while.

Alan

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 9:23 pm 

Ennadai a beautiful lake. Happy to hear the submerged Cat was salvaged.

There was also mention of the Dubwant River. I still have a few copies the book I published, On Top of a Boulder: notes from Tyrrell’s cairn, in case anyone is interested.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2017, 10:04 pm 

Yes...Hauntingly beautiful...guided with a Cree fellow out of Pelican Narrows who would never step foot in the country.

Crew of five of us, I was only a hired hand and not the brain child of the operation, floated the Cat from bottom in summer of 2004 if memory serves correct.

I read a magazine article a few years back about your mission to preserve the contents of the tin... many fishermen I told not to put stuff in there, business cards etc...
Where is the original moffat note now?

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2017, 10:41 am 

'Where is the original moffat note now?' Don't know. there w ere several notes at the site. Took photos. since i am a work in chaos, a search would be a heroic act. Some are here at myccr. Too bad if we lost this moment in time.